Yesterday, we detailed several indicators in which the Galaxy S8 Oreo Beta Program would likely begin rolling out within the month of November. We today have a full changelog for the update.
Many users on Reddit already found references to the beta within the Samsung+ along with Samsung Members app. In addition, over the past few weeks, many of Samsung’s first-party apps received updates to support Android 8.0. With all of these signs the idea was just a matter time of before the full list of modifications were revealed.
The changelog comes courtesy of thesbros on Reddit, via a thread entitled, “I possess the Oreo Beta, AMA.” With the thread, they also posted several screenshots showing the size of the update along with integration of autofill APIs via Oreo. via the screenshots, we can see in which the update brings Samsung Experience 9.0. The update checks in at a size of 1.4 GB — no surprise This specific is usually a large file considering This specific is usually a major Android design jump.
Among the most noticeable modifications are launcher shortcuts, colored media notifications, autofill API support, along with notification channels. All of these features are brought about by the modifications introduced in Android Oreo. This specific update also brings support for dual messengers to the S8, a feature in which allows you to sign into two Facebook, WhatsApp, or additional messenger accounts on the same device.
The user in which posted the changelog screenshot also insists in which the S8 software experience is usually much smoother on Oreo, yet we’ve all heard in which line before. One of the biggest question marks with beta software is usually always performance along with battery life. As soon as the beta arrives on our device we will provide a guide discussing the features along with performance of Oreo on the S8 series.
Beta design Discharge Timetable
the idea appears via the discussion on Reddit in which the beta program is usually not officially live yet. The users in which have already received the update were able to reverse-engineer the process within the Samsung+ app to get the update early.
For everyone else, we are likely looking at an official announcement of the beta via Samsung sometime tomorrow (November 2). Remember to be quick along with grab the update via the Samsung+ app when the idea goes live, as each carrier/variant only has 7,500 slots available.
UPDATE: Beta is usually today live along with you can grab the idea too! Check out our How-to below.
Full Discharge Notes & Changelog
The full changelog is usually below, along with the text was transcribed directly via Samsung’s changelog, so the idea’s as official as the idea gets. Let us know within the comments if you see any particular modifications in which pique your interest!
- design: Samsung Experience 9.0
- Build Numbers: G950USQU1ZQJJ, G950UOYN1ZQJJ, G950USQU1ZQJJ
- Size: 1414.67 MB
Quick Panel modifications:
- Manage notifications for each supported app with Notification Categories.
- Icons will be shown at the bottom of the panel for notifications in which aren’t currently visible.
Home Screen modifications:
- Touch along with hold a supported app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within in which app.
- Notification badges on app icons along with within the notification panel are today synced. Clear a notification on one, then the idea will clear on the additional.
Samsung Keyboard modifications:
- brand new toolbar gives quick access to common functions.
- GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs using Samsung Keyboard.
- More high-contrast keyboards are available.
Edge Screen modifications:
- much better font size, shade, along with additional settings for better Edge panel visibility.
- Touch along with hold the Edge panel to change its position.
- Added three more Edge lighting effects along with shade customization for apps.
Samsung Cloud modifications:
- View along with manage photos along with notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
- Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
- Select specific items to delete or restore via backup data.
- View the size of all your backups along with see how many items they contain.
Samsung Dual Messenger:
- Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For apps in which verify accounts using phone numbers, you’ll need a different phone number for each account.
- Touch along with hold a messaging app on the Home or Apps screen to install the second account, or go to Settings –> Advanced features –> Dual Messenger.
Find My Mobile modifications:
- Back up Secure Folder remotely in Samsung Cloud when your phone is usually lost.
- Samsung pass can be locked remotely.
Samsung DeX modifications:
- See more apps listed at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
- Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
- Added support For two main additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
- In Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs, including AAC along with Sony LDAC, are supported.
- In Video, auto-repeat along with 2x speed are added.
- Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
- Flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails in Email.
- A sticky notification tracks your steps in Samsung Health.
- Clock offers Landscape mode along with timer sound options.
- Tap the digital clock widget to go to Clock directly.
- Manage user names along with passwords in third-party apps using Samsung Pass.
- Added brand new unified workspace for Knox Workspace along with Android for Work.